It’s cool enough that Red Sox fans got another World Series video set after dismantling the Rockies last October, but now we get even more Red Sox memories. This time it’s with The Boston Red Sox Essential Games of Fenway Park and you get a little bit of everything in here. Six games to be exact, which consist of the following:
1) September 30, 1967 – This was a incredible performance by Carl Yastrzemski, who belted his 44th homerun and gave the Red Sox the tie for the lead in the American League. They’d win the next day and sneak away with the American League pennant.
2) Game Six of the 1975 World Series – This game needs no introduction. The Red Sox needed to win and Carlton Fisk provided the heroics in a historic game.
3) April 29, 1986 – This is the first time the Rocket fanned 20 in a game. It’s been duplicated twice since then (once by Roger himself) but never surpassed.
4) 1999 All Star Game – Fenway Park hosted a game that saw Ted Williams take center stage for probably the last time and hometown hero Pedro Martinez fanned five of the six batters he faced.
5) 1999 ALCS Game 3 – This was an odd selection because it was the only win the Red Sox had in a 4-1 series loss of the Yankees but it was an incredible personal performance by Pedro. He fanned 12 over seven innings and the Red Sox beat Roger Clemens.
6) April 22, 2007 – Something a little more recent, the Red Sox edge the Yankees in large part to a third inning that saw the Yankees belt four consecutive homeruns.
So you get a little bit of everything in this one. Some postseason, some great games, and some near pennant clinchers. Good stuff all the way around though.
[powered by WordPress.]
25 queries. 0.752 seconds